The foundation fulfills its mission by providing financial support to young people with projects to cultivate their personal growth, promote sustainable development or discover the world.
The Youth Travel Foundation encourages young people to further their education and training through travel and international experiences. Every year, The Foundation award three types of grants to young travellers or groups of travellers who submit their projects for travel, work or studies, anywhere in the world! Since the Foundation opened their doors in 1993, more than 600 young people completed a travel project with the help of their grant program.
Types of Grants
This financial support is made available through travel grants. At this time, the foundation offers three types of grants in 2017:
- Individual Traveller Grant: This grant is geared toward young people who want to set off solo to discover the world.
- Mary Barclay – First Trip grant: This grant is awarded to young adults aged 18 to 24 who wish to travel on their own for the first time.
- “Sleep for peace” VIDEO CONTEST: In 2017, this grant will promote world peace through a video contest.
- Sleep for Peace grant (video contest): 18 August 2017
- Mary Barclay – First Trip grant: 1 September 2017
- Individual Traveller grant: 1 September 2017
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their documents via email at the address given on the website.
For more information, please visit Youth Travel Foundation.